- Soufiko: Delicious Vegetable StewI’ve made this a few times now and it is really delicious – although it is still really cold in London, this dish reminds me of summers in Greece 🙂 I love the fact it is really delicious, easy to make, and uses up various vegetables that I usually have to hand. Top tip: […]
- Mount Athos Chick Peas and AuberginesWinter is here and the cost of living in the UK is rising rapidly, so it’s time to find some cheap but filling and tasty recipes that are suitable for these colder days. I have been fascinated by the monks of Mount Athos and their way of life, to me they live a remote […]
- Greek Walnut Cake (Petimezopita)Right now, my home smells like Autumn; it smells of cinnamon, cloves, and orange and a distant memory I can’t quite grasp. This walnut cake is resting and cooling (the hardest part of the process!) This is a delicious Greek cake made with grape molasses and olive oil so no nasty refined sugars. All […]
- Pourgouri (Bulgur Wheat)I think this dish may be more Cypriot than Greek but it belongs in this section the most 🙂 I am discovering more about Cypriot cuisine and the different cultures that have influenced the herbs and spices used in Cypriot cooking. I love bulgur wheat (or cracked wheat) and to make this dish even […]
- Fava DipI first tried this delicious, garlicky dip on a trip to Santorini and I loved it immediately. I guess you could compare it a little to humous, it is smooth and comforting and lovely served with hot pitta bread. I wouldn’t recommend it if you are going on a date as the garlic packs […]
You must be logged in to post a comment.